- 3-4 medium fresh cucumbers
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half-rings
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the cucumbers into thin half-moons or rounds. If the cucumbers have a tough skin or large seeds, you can remove them before slicing.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, red onion, chopped dill, and mint. Mix well to ensure the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) to prepare the dressing. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Shake well to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the cucumber salad and gently toss to ensure the vegetables are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Check the saltiness and spiciness of the salad, and if needed, add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Allow the salad to sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld and the vegetables absorb the dressing.
- The cucumber salad is ready to be served! You can garnish it with additional sprigs of dill or mint before serving.
This refreshing and light cucumber salad is perfect as a side dish or main course, especially in warm weather. It complements a variety of dishes and adds a fresh and crispy accent. Enjoy your meal!