- 500g chicken breast (or other white meat, e.g., turkey)
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half-rings
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into half-rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 200g fresh salad leaves (approximately 4-5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the white meat, trim off any excess fat, and cook it in a pan until fully cooked. Once cooked, let it cool and then cut the meat into thin strips or cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced carrot, red onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, and salad leaves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. This will be the dressing for the salad.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and gently toss to ensure all ingredients are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add the sliced white meat to the salad and toss again gently.
- Check the saltiness and spiciness of the salad, and if needed, add more salt or pepper to taste.
- The white meat salad is ready to be served! You can garnish it with fresh herbs or sprinkle with dried herbs before serving.
This white meat salad is a hearty and nutritious dish that can be served as a main course or a side. The juicy vegetables and tender white meat pair perfectly with the lemon dressing, giving the salad a refreshing flavor.