Recipe for “Green Leaf Salad”
- 1 head of lettuce (any type)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into half-rings
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 green chili pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Start by washing the lettuce and patting it dry with a paper towel. Tear the lettuce leaves into pieces and arrange them on a large plate.
- Add the thinly sliced cucumber, red onion, diced tomatoes, and sliced green chili pepper to the plate with the lettuce.
- In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. This will be the dressing for the salad.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and gently toss to ensure all ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Check the saltiness and spiciness of the salad, and if needed, add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Allow the salad to sit for some time to let the ingredients absorb the flavors of the dressing and enhance the overall taste.
- Before serving, you can garnish the salad with fresh herbs such as parsley or basil.
The green leaf salad is ready to be served! It pairs well with various main dishes and can be enjoyed either as a light standalone dish or as a side. Enjoy the crisp and aromatic lettuce leaves, juicy vegetables, and the simple yet flavorful dressing. Bon appétit!